I cant help it.
I think 'This is it! This is the year I get it all together, do loads of brilliant stuff and be the Sian I always wish I could be.' However by the end of the year I done some things but mostly I haven't kept up my resolutions. Especially the ones about eating less and exercising more. Buts what's the Alternative? Dismiss New Years resolutions as pointless and refuse to make them. Then I'll do even less. If I'm honest with you I love making them. The feeling of hope and possibility lifts me up. It makes January feel less bleak and makes me feel like a super hero in the making...
So here's my resolutions:
- Eat less (ha! good luck with that!) and drink more water. I'm so bad at this and always get headaches.
- Exercise more including doing the 3 peaks this summer (Hmm really should start training for that...) I may even buy a bike.
- Be a better Mummy. By that I mean, eat ALL family meals together at the table, less kiddies TV, go to more playgroups or germ groups as they are otherwise known and keep the house tidy for longer than 5 minutes at a time (hmm maybe I had better include learn to multi-task to the list...)
- Take care of myself more. Since having 2 babies so close together I don't take as much care of myself as I used. I'm so busy keeping the little ones happy that I've become bottom of my list of priorities. I'm ashamed to admit that sometimes I don't brush my hair if I haven't gone anywhere. I used to moisturise like my life depended on it. Now Im doing well if I slap some face cream on. And if I don't tweeze my eyebrows soon the villagers will settle for good. I think this happens a lot with mummies. It gets harder and harder to find 'me' time. I even feel guilty sitting at watching TV in the evening! I mean what is that about? I think ive turned into my mother!!! This year I will take time to soak in the bath, paint my nails and by God shave my legs more than once a week! Oh and go out on some much needed girly nights!
- Draw everyday! and take more photos (if that's possible)
- Digital Scrapbook the photos of the Kiddies (this is all Laura's fault)
See that's not so bad and I've got a sneaky suspicion I'm going to be awesome at it this year!
Now the way I always kick off these resolutions and the new year is Detox month (I think my husband just let out a painful groan) By this I mean I give up all processed and junk food.
wait for it...
No cups of Tea! (Or Alcohol for that matter but since babies I don't really drink anyway) Only water or herbal tea.
Anybody want to join me...?
Todays Fab friend is
Check out her lovely blog!